Upon successfully completing the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify the tools afforded by technology for the development fashion imagery.
- Recognize the impact afforded by computer technology relative to visual depiction of fashion.
- Determine appropriate applications for Raster vs Pixel file format computer images.
- Exhibit proficiency utilizing basic tools, functions and commands of software applications.
- Practice correct file management, transfer and storage processes for various technologies.
- Develop a series of technical line drawings, sketches and fashion layouts using various software applications and/or additional equipment.
- Demonstrate the acquisition of sound work habits and time management skills by being prepared for class, meeting deadlines and submitting well organized work.
- Work with peers in typical work environment sharing resources, space and equipment.
This course is delivered in a practical context. The lecturer will present the ideas and concepts related to the importance of fashion imagery, communication, colour, purpose and impact to the students. From there, the software programs will be introduced in terms of their capabilities, functions and operation. Through prescribed exercises, students will learn how to work with program tools for image production, colouration and enhancement.
Visual Communication is essential in the field of fashion. Students will produce a series of samples and a final project to demonstrate their ability to communicate fashion details, styles and inspiration utilizing various computer tools.
Each student is required to create a resource sample book through the completion of class exercises. Assignments require the student to demonstrate proficiency with system functions; comprehend platforms and utilize supporting technologies and equipment (ie. Work with a scanner to obtain images – then refine and change these images utilizing technology; file transfer and storage systems.)
Course Assignments and projects are designed to reflect the diverse nature and important role imagery holds in the fashion realm- and will include technical line drawing – flats; fashion sketching and some textile patterning. Presentation impact boards will be introduced. Students are to engage in general lab etiquette, showing respect for others, the workplace, and by sharing equipment